Just a quick post on a small powershell script that prepares your Skype4B / Lync servers to support the Nectar UCF/UCD VKM pack.
This script will do most of the leg work in regards to configuring each host for the VKM deployment, you still need to build the RIG etc
- Adds the Nectar user to the servers Local Administrators (Domain joined machines only. Edge support one day)
- Installs SNMP and the required management tools
- Updates the SNMP config per Nectar requirements and your values
- Updates the Firewall rules to allow the RIG IP Address to connect to WinRM
Note: as part of the install your SNMP Settings on the host are reset, so if you have a custom SNMP config you may need to add it to the script.
- Create a new User in AD that Nectar can use on your Skype4B platform and set the password to never expire
- Obtain your RIG hostname and IP address
- Define you SNMP Attributes
- Update the Variables in the script with the above settings (Note the username is Case Sensitive)
- Run the script on each host as an Administrator
Grab it here Technet
TechNet Gallery: Download